So you’re going to see Deadpool 2. Seems like you’re one smart motherf*cker!
Feel free to read our Spoiler Free review here if you want to know why it’s so great, or just check out six things you might want to know before hitting theaters on May 18th.
1. Deadpool 2 is just as bloody, crude, and hilarious as the first one. It’s Rated R so do not bring children or those who can’t handle blood and guts… and vomit.
2. The movie is 119 minutes long. Pee during the previews, because you won’t want to miss the movie.
3. There are two mid-credit scenes. And they’re quite important… or at least incredibly amusing.
4. There isn’t a post-credits scene, but there is a fun end of credit musical gag – gag is probably not the right word for it – so stay until the end if you can (fyi there’s plenty of time to pee between the second mid-credit scene and the musical gag).
5. I recommend watching the original Deadpool before hitting the theaters. Not because I think there are a bunch of minor things you’ll catch by doing so, but because I feel it will slightly provide greater joy for your viewing. I intend to do so upon my next viewing, because, to me, these movies felt like a part 1 and part 2.
6. I don’t recommend reading a bunch of reviews before going to see Deadpool 2. There are a lot of critical reviews that recap the movie, and I feel give away too much even when they’re spoiler free. Know as much as you know about the plot at this very moment, and enjoy the ride.
Honestly, there isn’t much you need to know about Deadpool 2 before seeing it, because it’s pretty great. But if you’d like to read a bit about why I felt it was so great, or to watch the trailer, click here. Or just get out there and see it!
Deadpool 2 opens May 18th 2018.
— Yael Tygiel