So you’re going to see “Bad Samaritan” starring David Tennant. I think you’ve made a wise decision. Below are 6 things to know before you see the thriller directed by Dean Devlin (The Librarians) in theaters this weekend:
1. Do not valet your car at the movie theater! In case you didn’t catch the premise of the film, “Two young men who valet cars at a local restaurant develop a clever scam to burglarize the houses of the restaurant’s customers.” [via http://www.badsamaritanfilm.com]
2. Obviously, that’s not the entire premise. Although, I’d be down to watch a heist movie about valets, especially if it’s a Dean Devlin production (Devlin was the EP of Leverage)
3. Pee before sitting down for the movie. This is for two reasons. First, so you don’t have to exit the theater an miss any moments. More importantly, it’s to empty your bladder so you don’t accidentally piss yourself.
4. In the least shocking turn of events, it takes place in Portland, Oregon. Not sure exactly why Devlin is so obsessed with the city, but it’s definitely a great place to set this story.
5. And, while set in Portland, your main character is Irish (and your villain is Scottish doing an American accent).
6. The movie is edge-of-your-seat scarier than the trailers make it out to be.
Generally not a fan of scary movies, Bad Samaritan is more interesting than scary and the talent – both on and off screen – is incredible. If you like thrillers, then this is for you. If you like Tennant, then this is for you. If you like sunshine and rainbows, see something else.
Still not sold? Click HERE for an interview with Dean Devlin.
Bad Samaritan opens May 4th 2018
— Yael Tygiel