I got a chance to watch NBC’s This is Us, which hails from the writer/directors of Crazy. Stupid. Love. and stars Mandy Moore, Milo Ventimiglia, and Justin Hartley. Scroll down for my spoiler-free thoughts and watch the trailer below:
This is Us
Sometimes life will surprise you. Starring Mandy Moore (“A Walk to Remember”), Milo Ventimiglia (“Heroes,” “Gilmore Girls”) and Sterling K. Brown (“The People v. O.J. Simpson: American Crime Story”), this refreshingly honest and provocative series follows a unique ensemble. As their paths cross and their life stories intertwine in curious ways, we find that several of them share the same birthday, and so much more than anyone would expect. From the writer and directors of “Crazy, Stupid, Love.” comes a smart, modern dramedy that will challenge your everyday presumptions about the people you think you know.
– I was incredibly excited for this show for a handful of reasons: it’s from the hilariously dramatic team that created Crazy. Stupid. Love. ; The cast: Justin Hartley and Chrissy Metz, Milo & Mandy!!!; oh yea, also the vague plot.
– Milo Ventimiglia’s butt! (not sure if this will appear on NBC, but it was definitely in the press screener, so I suggest buying the DVD after the season ends if you’re interested…)
– I definitely laughed and cried during this episode.
– The themes of the show are universal – family, love, happiness.
– My biggest problem with the pilot episode is Chrissy Metz’ storyline and were it looks like we’ll be going with it this season. To read more about this, check out www.TheFatGirlShow.com